In Fire HD 10 the ad-supported option (also known as Special Offers or Lockscreen Ads) displays sponsored screensavers on your device’s lock screen.
- Fast and responsive – powerful octa-core processor and 3 GB RAM. 50% more RAM than the previous generation.
- Long-lasting 12-hour battery and 32 or 64 GB internal storage. Add up to 1 TB with microSD (sold separately).
- Brighter display – Vivid 10.1″ 1080p Full HD display is 10% brighter than the previous generation, with more than 2 million pixels.
- Enjoy your favorite apps like Netflix, Facebook, Hulu, Instagram, TikTok, and more through Amazon’s Appstore (Google Play not supported. Subscription for some apps required).
- Stay connected – Download apps like Zoom, or ask Alexa to make video calls to friends and family.
- Get more done – Check email, update shopping lists, and set reminders. Use your favorite apps like Microsoft Office, OneNote, and Dropbox.
- Hands-free with Alexa, including on/off toggle.
- Thinner and lighter than the previous generation. The screen is made with strengthened aluminosilicate glass.
- Split-screen – All-new feature for Fire OS that shows two compatible apps, like Facebook Messenger and Prime Video, open side by side for easy multitasking.
Brilliant 10.1” 1080p display (1920 x 1200) with over 2 million pixels (224 ppi), for bright, vivid image quality. Screen strengthened with aluminosilicate glass.
9.73” x 6.53” x 0.36” (247mm x 166mm x 9.2 mm)
16.4 oz (465 g) Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
CPU & RAM:
Octa-core 2.0 GHz with 3 GB of RAM
32 GB (24.2 GB available to user) or 64 GB (55.0 GB available to user) of internal storage. Add a microSD card for up to 1 TB of additional storage. Some apps may require that they are installed on internal storage. App or feature updates may impact available storage.
Up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching videos, and listening to music. Battery life will vary based on device settings, usage, and other factors such as web browsing and downloading content. Certain software features or apps may reduce battery life.
Fully charged from 0 to 100% in approximately 4 hours while connected to the provided (9W) adapter, while the device is on standby.
Supports 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) wifi networks.
USB-C (2.0) connector for charging; microSD slot for external storage.
3.5 mm stereo jack and dual integrated speakers; external volume controls.
Accelerometer, ambient light sensors
2 MP front-facing and 5 MP rear-facing cameras with 720p HD video recording
Printing documents to a nearby wifi-enabled printer is supported. Learn more here.
2 built-in microphones
Location-based services via wifi
Built-in Bluetooth 5.0 LE with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones, speakers, microphone, and LE accessories
VoiceView screen reader enables access to the vast majority of Fire tablet features for users who are blind or visually impaired using text-to-speech or a connected refreshable Braille display. The screen magnifier enables viewers to zoom in and out, and pan around the screen. Switch Access allows users who have motor impairments to use compatible devices to control Fire tablet without touching the screen. Fire tablets also include accessibility settings for Closed Captioning, Font Size, High Contrast Text, Color Inversion, Color Correction, and Convert Stereo to Mono audio. (Captions are not available for all content.) Learn more about these accessibility features.
Alexa privacy features
Alexa and Fire HD 10 are designed to protect your privacy. For example, you can view and delete your voice recordings or use the Alexa Hands-Free Mode on/off toggle at any time.
Warranty and service
1-year limited warranty and service included. Optional 1year, 2-year, and 3-year extended warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately. Use of Fire HD 10 tablet is subject to Amazon’s Conditions of Use and these terms.
Included in the box
Fire HD 10 tablet, USB-C (2.0) cable, 9W power adapter, and Quick Start Guide
11th generation, 2021 release
Software Security Updates
This device receives guaranteed software security updates until at least four years after the device is last available for purchase as a new unit on our websites. Learn more about these software security updates.. If you already own a Fire tablet, visit Manage Your Content and Devices for information specific to your device.