No more assembly instructions to be followed. No more desktops to be occupied. We made it light, tiny, and beautiful. It fits perfectly in every studio, workshop, and your hand! Let me show you how cool this magic cube can be.
How to Use Cubiio?
Cubiio is controlled by Cubiio App wirelessly. After receiving your Cubiio, please download Cubiio App from Apple Store or Google Play. Next, follow 4 easy steps:
- Choose a picture / G-Code file or write something in Cubiio App.
- Place the item you want to engrave in the working space of Cubiio.
- Preview and align. This convenient feature will be described later.
- Press START and enjoy.
How to produce G-Code? G-code is a common machine language that is converted from vector graphics. We recommend the free open-source software – INKSCAPE, in which you can design vector graphics and generate your own G-Code files. Run the G-Code files on Cubiio as other laser engravers do.
- Weight: 1.3 Kg (Laser Module 150 gram)
- Laser Source: OSRAM semiconductor blue color laser
Lifetime Estimation 10000 hours
- Laser Output: 100 level adjustable
max 800 mW with CubiioShield; max 500 mW w/o CubiioShield
- Routing Speed: 2000 mm/min maximum
- Resolution: 152 – 254 dpi adjustable
- Finishing: anodized aluminum
- Color Option: red, black, dark bronze, gold, and blue
- Screw Mount: 1/4″-20 UNC for standard tripods
- I/O: Micro SD card
- Supported File Format: BMP and G-Code
- App Connection: BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- App OS: iOS 10+ / Android 4.4+
- Filter: Active Charcoal + Zeolite
- Power Input : AC 85-264V, 47-63Hz
- Laser Source Power Requirement: micro USB DC 5V, 2A
Technology Inside Cubiio
Cubiio consists of a semiconductor laser source and two current-driven mirrors in order to deflect the laser beam along the X and Y axes. The embedded CPU translates your sketches into digital commands to tilt mirrors particularly. Then the focused laser spot will be projected to the target surface along the designed trajectory. The aforementioned mechanism is the so-called “galvanometer,” which can be further studied in Wikipedia.
Undoubtedly, any laser device might be harmful. Your safety is always our first priority. Cubiio has safety measures as below:
- Eye Protection: Goggles are included in every Cubiio package. Always wear goggles while Cubiio is working. Do not look at the laser radiation even with the goggles.
- Password Lock: Password is required before operating every time. Only authorized persons are allowed to use Cubiio.
- Lasering Indication: A bright LED indicates when the laser is energized and operating.
- Motion Detection: A sensitive 3-axis accelerometer is equipped. While accidental movement happens during operating, Cubiio will shut down immediately.
- Overheat Shutdown: Cubiio should work in the environment with sufficient heat dissipation. If the inner temperature approaches the damaging threshold, Cubiio turns itself off.
- CubiioShield: Safety is priceless. We offer upgraded protection for users who have higher safety standards.
- Can Cubiio engrave metal, anodized aluminum, glass, mirror, concrete, stone, ceramics, or pottery?
Ans: No. Technically, due to wavelength and laser power, Cubiio cannot work on these materials.
WARNING! Metal, glass, mirrors, and any smooth surfaces may reflect laser and harm people. Use CubiioShield to enclose the laser inside. Wear goggles to protect yourself.
- Can Cubiio engrave plastic?
Ans: It depends. There are so many kinds of “plastic” and it is impossible to test them all. As we tested so far, Cubiio can engrave on non-transparent acrylic, rubber, and can cut black vinyl paper. However, transparent or white materials are not recommended.
WARNING! Burning plastic may produce toxic fumes and harm people.
- Wavelength and lifetime of the laser? Can the laser source be changed?
Ans: 450 nm and 10000 hours. No, Cubiio’s laser source can NOT be changed.
- Where does the electromagnetic locate?
You can see it obviously at the interface between cubiio and the shield after you receive the package.